Frequently Asked Questions
- From June-October, we require a 2-night (Friday/Saturday) stay on weekends.
- Check in time is between 4 pm and 11 pm.
- For the safety of our guests and staff, daily housekeeping services have been suspended. Fresh linens and other necessities will be delivered upon request. Should you have a specific cleaning request, our Guest Services team will be more than happy to assist in scheduling a service time when you are not in the room.
- Check out time is by 11am.
- Pack ‘n Play and rollaway beds are available in most rooms. There is a one-time fee of $20 for each. Please request additional beds prior to your arrival.
- A deposit equal to one night’s stay is required to reserve a room in the Lodge, Woodward House and the Cabin Rooms. A 50% deposit and a signed contract are required to reserve a cottage.
Guests are financially responsible for their entire reservation unless changes or cancellations are made at least 7 days (for Lodge, Woodward House and Cabin Rooms), and 60 days (for Historic Poolside Cottages) prior to arrival. Cancellations made at least 7 days (for Lodge, Woodward House and Cabin Rooms), and 60 days (for Historic Poolside Cottages) prior to arrival will receive a refund of the deposit. During Holidays and Peak Season, reservations cancelled within 7 days of the arrival date will be charged for the full stay as reserved. During Value Season, reservations cancelled within 7 days of the arrival date will forfeit the deposit.
Group Cancellation Policy: Individual Reservations made as part of a group are subject to a 60-day Cancellation Policy.
In the event of an early departure, guests are responsible for payment of any unused nights.
Holidays and Group Bookings may require longer cancellations.
Prices listed are double occupancy. Each additional adult (anyone 12 and older) will be charged an additional $20 per night.
All rates are subject to 6.75% NC state tax and a 5% Henderson County Occupancy tax.
Holiday rates (New Year’s Eve, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day Weekend, 4th of July Weekend, Labor Day and Thanksgiving) may be higher than published rates.
Rates are subject to change without notice. Restaurant and housekeeping gratuities are not included in our lodging rates.
Yes, a complimentary breakfast at Season's is included for all guests except those staying in our Historic Poolside Cottages. All Cottage guests will receive a 20% discount on breakfast at Season's.
Breakfast is served Monday–Saturday from 7:30AM to 10AM and Sunday from 7:30AM to 9:30AM.
Highland Lake Inn & Resort is now Dog Friendly. Select pet friendly Cottages and Cabin Rooms are available upon request. Dog owners are charged a $50 non-refundable fee. Proof of vaccination and flea protection must be faxed to us at time of reservation. Please bring one dog only. The maximum weight allowed is 40 pounds.
Upon arrival we have you sign the following contract stating that you agree to abide by the following guidelines during your stay:
- My dog is not aggressive; up to date with vaccinations and is well socialized with other animals and people.
- My dog is free of ticks and fleas.
- My dog will be under my care at all times. If I leave my dog unattended, he/she will be crated, for the protection of staff and furnishings.
- I assume the responsibility for any and all damages to the cottage or cabin room.
- When outside, my dog will be on a leash and under my control.
- I will dispose of my dog messes, both inside and outside.
- I will clean off my dog if he/she is wet or dirty, using towels provided by Highland Lake Inn & Resort for dog care.
- I will notify management immediately of any dog accidents.
A list of recommended local kennels is available from our Guest Services Staff. We will charge a $150/day fee if there is evidence a guest has an animal with them in a room that is not designated as pet-friendly.